All recalls are defined for a combination of item and batch number. This program offers the possibility of:
- holding back a specific batch (the item and batch combination will be contained in all warehouses)
- recalling all the shipments for that batch
- following-up on all of the batches that have been returned.
How the batch recall process works
Once your company has decided that it needs to recall a particular batch item then the first step that they will have to take is to register all the information pertaining to the recall in this program.
When the recalled goods are returned to your company the transactions will be entered into the system just as a normal goods return. All returns can be entered into the system via the Work with request and returns, Select order lines entry (see Enter recalled goods) or via the sales order entry program (see Credit goods). The system will search through all recall information to see if the returned item is subject to a batch recall. If the returned goods are identified as being recalled then the following will occur:
- The system will retrieve all the information necessary (from the batch recall header) for creating non-conformity certificates (NCC).
- In your warehouse NCC's will be automatically printed. These will indicate where (in the NCC location) to stock the recalled items.
- Recalled stock will be identified, tagged with NCC's and transferred to your NCC location.
- Return lines are also created at the same time. Customer credit orders with return lines for every batch recalled item will be generated.
- During the pick list confirmation routine, batch recall information will be printed (on the pick lists) if the item/batch is received into a customer return location. In this case inventory movements (from the customer returns location) must be entered to transfer the goods to NCC stock.
- All goods residing in the NCC stock can be later returned to the supplier using the Supplier Return Suggestion or disposed of according to your company’s regulations.
In the Non-conformity reason code table a reason code for Batch Recall has to be created.
Enquiries and printouts
- Batch recalls
- Requests and returns enquiry
- Time-axis enquiry
- Non-Conformity certificate enquiry
- A printout of batch recall information may be obtained via the print option in the Work with batches program.